Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Onion Soup Bread Recipe

I love it when my house smells like food.  And no food smell is better than onion or garlic.  Since we are having leftovers tonight (AGAIN), I wanted to spruce up things a bit with some yummy bread.

A while back I kidnapped and am holding hostage my bff's bread machine.  While perusing the recipe book that came with it I found a recipe for Onion Soup Bread.  It's so easy--well any bread is easy with a bread maker but this literally took me less than 5 minutes to put together.

Onion Soup Bread
1 c. and 2 TBS. hot water (115 - 125 degrees F)
2 TBS. oil
2 TBS. sugar
3 c. bread flour
2 TBS. dry onion soup mix (upon measuring this out . .you may as well use the whole package)
4 1/2 tsp. yeast (this is 2 packages worth--I just figured that out today)

Measure and add the liquid ingredients to the bread pan.

Measure and add dry ingredients except the yeast to the bread pan.

Use your finger to form a well in the flour where you will pour the yeast.  Carefully pour the yeast into the well making sure it doesn't make contact with the liquid.

Close the lid and select the "expressbake" (58 minutes) setting.

Press "start".


How easy is that????!!  It smells heavenly in here.  Since I was so eager to taste it I burnt my tongue on the flamin' hot stuff.  Nice. 

Bread Machine on FoodistaBread Machine

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Your bread looks great!I've been meaning to get me a bread machine too.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget at the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

Karen said...

I've been thinking about getting a bread maker but didn't know if I wanted to commit the counter space to it. This really makes me want to...sounds great!

knitwit said...

Once again, I'm scrambling to catch up on my blog reading. I've gotten behind!!
This looks delicious and I'm a carb-oholic, so I'm always looking for new and interesting bread recipes. I don't have a bread maker, so I'll have to adjust it for the oven, but it looks quick and easy nonetheless! Yum!

Veronica Lee said...

Yummy!! Looks good!

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails